Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Introducing myself to the world of cards!

Hi everyone! Recently I've been visiting a lot of blogs that either have chanllenges or their authors participate in challenges. I've been wanting to participate, but I'm not sure if I have enough time to create layouts every day! lol
Anyways, I've seen many beautiful card sketches that I'm tempted to start creating cards too, I don't own a lot of stamps, but I thought that I could start creating a card with printed images. Since I didn't have any idea on how to start, I found a blog that has challenges and tutorials, it's called Just Magnolia. Their Design Team creates beautiful cards!! They have a tutorial on how to create a card step by step, with images on how to color a stamp and make it look like a 3D image. This tutorial was created by Debbie, you can go to her blog to see the beautiful work she does with cards. Here's the card she created in the tutorial:



I've realized that you don't need to have a lot of material, just paper, prismacolors, glue and scalpel or scissors. I'll share with you later the first card I've made following this tutorial.
Happy scrapping everyone!!

2 comments :

  1. Hi Hazel
    Welcome to the world of card making, you'll soon be hooked and joining in more blog challenges.....lol. Love this card, very pretty. Thanks for linking to my blog candy and Good Luck!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Hazel! oh my gosh! what a gorjuss card! it's stunning (someone's birthday next week wink wink) haha! very very pretty! thank you for dropping by my blog, in anserw to your Q, the happy birthday is simply a silver peel off by anita's. hope that helps hun,
    happy crafting
    carlz xx

    ReplyDelete